Head of Product
Join our growing team of talented and passionate HealthTech professionals!
Head of Product
Have you ever wondered why the health tech you use is so clunky? Here is your chance to change that! This role is a great fit for someone looking to take their clinical experience to the next level by applying it to the development of technology that others will use to provide the best care possible to patients. It is a unique opportunity to work across industries and disciplines, and develop skills that you will be able to apply in both academic and industry, clinical and research settings.
As we expand, we are hiring someone to create and communicate the product vision, strategy and roadmap. Incorporate stakeholder feedback and clearly articulate product backlog items and acceptance criteria to the team to avoid any yield loss. Represent the product in all governance meetings. Clearly set and communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences, from product team to executive leadership.
What You’ll Do
As the Head of Product at CareAlign, you will work closely with the founder to drive the CareAlign platform development and design to best fit customer and market needs. You will have the opportunity to meld skills from clinical experience, product design, human factors engineering and workflow together to advance our care orchestration platform to meet the ever changing needs of front line healthcare professionals and organizations.
- Set the roadmap for product development base on customer and business needs
- Analyze consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Drive product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successful achieved
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate go-to-market plans
- Submit work and research products for presentation to conferences and journals (with authorship) to share our work with the broader clinical community
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Drive the execution of all lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates CareAlign and its features across primary market segments
Skills and Qualifications
- Clinical experience as a physician, nurse, advanced practice provider, pharmacist, medical/nursing student or other health care worker
- Demonstrable knowledge of clinical workflows in multiple care settings
- Experience in quality and process improvement to design operational and workflow solutions
- Strong experience leading and overseeing teams
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Previous software and web development experience
- Proven experience working as a product developer in a non-managerial role
CareAlign is a technology company spun out of Penn Medicine. CareAlign helps clinicians manage tasks in real time. Although the product works great as a task manager for a clinician who works alone, it really shines when multiple people and teams are using it as a shared workspace to share information, create collaborative care plans, and manage tasks. CareAlign brings disparate forms of communication together in an organized and structured way – everything from dozens of text messages, emails, sticky notes, paper lists and more. CareAlign also provides a comprehensive view of labs, vitals, medications and of course the latest notes and tasks that relate to the patient.